okay to install chimney cap using adhesive when it's old and wet?

Today, a mason installed a chimney cap for us while it was snowing. I saw he was using adhesive. I don't know what kind.

I asked him that whether it's okay to use adhesive when it's cold (32F) and wet. He said the sealer he used is okay. Is there such kind sealer that can be used in old and wet surface?

Reply to
hmmhmm

It'll be okay. Tom

Reply to
tom

hmmmmmmm.....my chimney flue caps had screws to tightened snug at the corners. I never heard of gluing one on. Debi

Reply to
Debi