OK to use UF cable under deck?

Hi,

We're just putting the finishing touches on a new deck. I'd like to add an outlet or two (one for the grill rotissiere, maybe one for general use in the 'seating area') and was wondering if it's ok to use UF-B cable underneath the deck, or if it must be protected in conduit.

The deck is about 6' off the ground, which means you can access the underneath relatively easilly, but it's not something people will be walking under regularly. If I could use the UF cable and just drill/staple it to the joists, it would greatly simplify the project (and make it cheaper, as I already have UF cable on hand).

Thanks!

-Tim

Reply to
Tim Fischer