Nobody was listening.

So it was also wrong for those people to steal food too. You concur with me on this I would believe.

Whatever happened to this thing called insurance?

Reply to
FDR

What if the guy is walking near his home? The vigilante thinks the guy is bringing the loot home to the guys house. Or thinks he looted his neighbors house. Shoots him. Does that make Mr. Vigilante Guy happy?

Reply to
FDR

And the hurricane, floodwaters, toxic waste and so forth didn't threaten the stability?

Reply to
FDR

Wait a minute. Everyone is talking about how looters are destroying the stability and creating lawlessness and threatening others, but vigilantes going around taking law into their own hands isn't?

The logic here is overwhlemingly stupid. Yeah, those guys are bad so we'll act just as bad. Animals have better morality.

Reply to
FDR

I don't remember anyone suggesting that vigilantes should do that; certainly

*I* didn't suggest that. The only discussions that I've seen on the subject were in reference to the *police* shooting looters. Maybe you've seen some posts I haven't; I have plonked some of the more rabid loonies around here...
Reply to
Doug Miller

Well, there are the loonies around here saying that it's a-ok to shoot looters.

Reply to
FDR

It OK to steal from people as long as they are insured?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

No. But that's what insurance is for. Your car gets stolen. Police take report. Police don't investigate and most likely your robbery goes unsolved. You contact insurance company and they pay. It's the way it happens everyday. You think it's going to be any different in a hurricane aftermath?

Reply to
FDR

Not like this.^^^^^^ Since this was not a lie. If you want to compare lies, you need to make sure you have your facts straight. You must have picked the Soup Sandwich recipe by mistake, and you screwed it up. :/

Reply to
The Watcher

You are an incredibly boring f*ck. Quit crossposting to ahr, asswipe.

Reply to
G Henslee

There it is again folks...

Reply to
G Henslee

There's another classic reply.

Reply to
G Henslee

I don't give a hoot about any of the property, per se...the issue is keeping civil order. You brought up violence. I mentioned the weapons--seem to go together to me. You asked about locks. I mentioned the stores were locked, too. You repeated yourelf yet again.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Then you decide whether it looks like he's carrying booty or on legitimate business...also most likely also not at all hard to discern.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Duane,

You're debating with a tree stump.

Reply to
G Henslee

Dave,

You're debating with a tree stump.

Reply to
G Henslee

Have you not walked through the sporting goods area of your local Wally-World?

Nor would I suspect that the folks under discussion were much concerned about a little extra effort...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

If you want to talk of specifics, it would be highly unlikely necessary at the individual level in a residential area. The situation under discussion was the case of rampant, large-scale looting of businesses.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

The proposed shooters under discussion here were commissioned police officers...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I own you. Go chase the little red ball, asswipe.

Reply to
G Henslee