Nobody was listening.

I read Western comics and also watch Cowboy on TV. Our modern cowboy are like card carrying NRA. Recruit them to hunts down these criminals and spare the wildlife. Now I know why so many people just love NRA... license to kill.

Reply to
Dave Jefford

That's not too reasonable. Hundred of cops against thousands of looters (many armed) with _no_ jails, squad cars (the streets are under water, after all) etc. I'd like to see you do a better job.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

How about that a red conservative Republican giving me a "free" hint? I gonno by a lottery ticket this week, I will share it with you if I strike a hundred millions dollars!

WOW, two Rebublicans are gonno be rich this week!

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Yes, dun you know we have many Gene Auty, Hopalong Cassity, Batman, or Lone Ranger in Washington?

If you need a doctor I can always put on a white coverall and be Dr. James Kildare or Dr. Leonard Gillespie.

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Don't you believe in Kris Kringle?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

You don't actually understand much about either the NRA, or the "wild wild west", do you.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I was suggesting they leave the bodies where they fell...

I suspect word would have spread pretty quickly...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

It just seems from here as if everyone, from the man on the street on up, decided that it wasn't going to be all that bad, and it's someone else's responsibility to deal with it anyway.

And then it WAS that bad.

Reply to
Goedjn

You're living about a century behind the rest of the world. Try to catch up.

Reply to
Gort

Maybe you can tell that to the two officers who couldn't take it anymore and committed suicide because the situation was so bad. Or those who handed in their badges. Or to the cops that used their police headquarters as a fort because they were outmanned and outgunned.

Reply to
FDR

Reply to
G Henslee

No. Just "damn dirty apes!"

Reply to
G Henslee

They are supposed to assist local authorities after they are called in by those authorities. They cannot move until they are called in.

And, what the local authorities say in front of the cameras is not they way they get called in.

All, repeat ALL, disaster planning requires local authorities to be prepared to be on their own for at least three days. In this case, local authorities did not make use of the resources they already had on hand, including their own disaster plan.

Specifically regarding FEMA: They are like contractors. They show up after they are called.

"National Guard"? Under Governor Blanco's control. She did not send them in.

Reply to
Offbreed

Come to think of it, if you give Pat Robertson an AK-47, he would have taught these looters a lesson they will never forget. And he'll say God told me to do it to save the other poor White souls across the bridge.

Reply to
Dave Jefford

Yeah, we know. You do know that people who address themselves in the third party are considered a bit ...pompous... right?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You watch too much TV, can you transport me to Fort Knox and back, wanna reclaim my gold bars.:-)

Reply to
Dave Jefford

NRA, an organization for card carrying members to own guns and kill any damn thing that moves, right?

Wild wild West in the 1800's before NRA, anyone can own guns and again to shots anything damn thing that moves, right?

Reply to
Dave Jefford

I wasn't commenting on his points, just in his way of speaking of himself third-party. It distracts from his actual message which may be valid.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Per Dave Hinz:

I had the same reaction. He seems to have his head screwed on pretty well. The salutation undermines some worthwhile content.

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

(I did _NOT_ write the following, but Dave Jefford cut out the quote attributes for the following: )

Here's the part that I actually wrote:

And this has what to do with reality?

Yup, you don't understand the NRA at all, that much is clear. Free hint: the NRA is for mandatory additional sentencing for criminals who use guns in crimes, did you know that?

Reply to
Dave Hinz