no light bulb in your light fixture.

I was at a friend's tonight and he had a porch wall light that used LEDs, little flat ones, so from the outside of the fixture it appears there is no light bulb inside.

From your own pov, would it bother you when you look at it that there's no light bulb in your light fixture.

Would you miss the appearance of a lightbulb, candle, wick, gas jet? Just emptiness, like our hollow lives?

Other than that, it seemed very nice. Uses very litle electricity.

Reply to
micky

No. But if it does, there are fixtures with LEDs that have frosted glass or plastic so you can't see what's inside.

Reply to
trader_4

C'mon man! It's a light emitter. Why make it look like an old-fashioned light bulb?

When transistors were invented, did they try to make them look like vacuum tubes?

Reply to
Larry

That's a good idea. Tnx.

Reply to
micky

Why make the "boxes" that surround the lightbulb the same size and shape when there is no lightbulb!

They would have if you could have seen them, but they were inside.

Why do they make veggie burgers the same shape as hamburgers?

Reply to
micky

So they fit the hamburger buns.

There was a small bakery that mostly made cakes and pies. They did make some hamburgers and hot dogs. The hamburger buns were square like those burgers and some kind of special bread that made them so good to a young boy.

It might have been that small piece of coconut pie they gave with the burgers for free. That might be why I only eat that and peach and cherry pie now.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Sure. They're designed for audiophools. Big bucks!

Reply to
krw

Well, that was an exaggeration. It seemed to follow from "emptiness".

Wow.

Reply to
micky

I probably wouldn't install that sort of bulb where I could see it.

In remodeling my kitchen, I'm replacing all the light fixtures with flat-panel LED arrays. Nothing looks like a light bulb.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

BTW, for my current fixture and the two that preceded it, I made sure to get a lightbulb that is shaped like a flame. And it was easy to find them in 40W. 60W was hard to find but I did.

The one the builder put on the house is still in the basement, plastic but looks fine, nothing wrong with it, but I wanted motion-activated. The first replacement lasted a long time, but the second replacement is not very old and it's erratic now. Sometimes it goes on, often it doesn't. It was made by one of two makers of Home Depot fixtures, but I didn't keep track of which one. So I guess I will avoid HomeDepot altogether in this case. Which leaves an enormous variety of designs online.

The question mark was meant to make it a question. I don't think anyone's life here is hollow.

Reply to
micky