New spa purchase advice, and bromine generators...

I am in the process of shopping for a new spa, I have found a couple of local wholesalers where I can get a pretty good deal(relative to what I have seen at spas dealers). We are good to get a smallish 4-5 person 30 jets ,330 gallon+/- for therapeutic reason as well as recreational.

Anyway, any advice I should keep I mind when purchasing?

What about a bromine generator, I have been told this will eliminate 90% of the chemical maintenance, I will only need to keep the PH balanced. True? What is the best sanitization type system...should I just but it without and retrofit.

HP, will 2 HP be sufficient or should I upgrade to 3.6/5.

Appreciate any input.

Reply to
RakeKiller

======================================== I have only owned my HOT TUB (the word spa ..I can not relate to) since 1999.... when my wife went out and bought one after discovering one helped her back "feel" better...

Anyway... my first advice it to actually GET IN THE THING..and see if you fit (I'm too tall to sit comfortably in the lounge seat in my HT...

Get a bizillion jets if you can...the more then better.... (lol) mine only has 33 and honestly I would love more... hurt your knee? darn try to find a jet that hits the arrea with your head above the waterline...get the idea?

Mine does have an ozenator (sp) and I guess it helps reduce chemical costs but to be honest the cost of the chemicals is not enough to even worry about ...(read they are cheap) ...

Honestly can to tell you what size motors are in my HT... I would imagine they are not even 2 HP units...

My wife bought mine...BUT I use it much more then her.. honestly "we" do not need a 6 person HT... lol more then half the time only one of us are in the darn thing... YOU will need a good cover LIFTER one that will allow one person to uncover the HT in seconds and with very very little effort ..(actually I normalaly only uncover half the HT when I am the only one using it...)..

BTW...had to replace my cover this year because over the years it adsorbed a lot of moisture and was very heavy (the wife could not undcover the HT ...

I keep mine at 101 (you may differ) 24/7 and drain and replace the water every 3 months (swapping the filter cartridges) ... and I guess I spent about 30 seconds each week maintaining it...well at least no more then ONE minute...

Hope this helps a little..

Bob G. Just an Old man with aching bones, back, hips, knees, legs, who depends on his HT ....

Reply to
Bob G.