New hot water tank in july, what is fair?

Yup -" we're only loosing 2 cents on each part we sell, so we'll make up for it on volume"

Reply to
clare

I worked for a company that didn't sell through WalMart - but did sell to the government. Same situation - sell for less than the next guy - to get the big deals. They figured ig they sold 10,000 computers to the government the volume buying would reduce the cost to, let's say for argument's sake, $600 instead of the current $650. They sold the computers to the government for the GST program at $625 (numbers not accurate - but you get the idea) and only sold 3000, so the volume savings did not come to nearly what they were counting on - so they started buying cheaper parts - which raised the failure rate - which raised their warranty costs (third party outsourced warranty part of the "production cost".

They went through 2.5 million dollars like water through a fire-hose and were insolvent within 2 years. Went from a small profitable company to a big money pit.

Reply to
clare

I've heard that many times. Walmart lowballs, and the volume is huge. But, to meet the price, not worth it.

Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

A perfect example of pay now or pay a lot more later. An idiot I work with has spent a hundred bucks ten dollars at a time trying to get an inkjet printer cartridge refilled. I have tried and tried many times to get through to him about spending money on the cheapest items he can find which usually fail to do the job they were obtained for. O_o

What's the difference between cheap and stupid? Usually lass than a dollar. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Walmart may have dumber employees. They're cheaper than smart employees. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

WallyWorld employees may be cheaper but they're certainly not dumber than Sears'. They're as dumb as Democrats.

Reply to
krw