Need Advice...Craftsman 6.75HP Push Mower

Hello-

I have a Craftsman push mower that is about 5 years old. The governor speed control does not stay steady anymore. I start the mower up and the governor pulses for a few seconds and then the mower stalls. What seems to be the problem here and what can I do w/o having to bring this in for service? Dirty carburator? Bad governor spring?

Thanks for the advice!!

Reply to
Guitarist511

dirty carb.pay particular attention to the hole in the fuel bowl nut.nut

ds549