my really wierd idea

In NYC a duplex is an apartment, or sometimes part but not all of a house, that is on two-floors. For the most part, only rich people have apartments with their own inside stairway (or elevator.)

If "Auntie Mame" lived in an apartment, it's shown in the movie as a duplex. She was based on a real person

I almost rented a triplex, top 3-floors of a 5-story much smaller than average brownstone, but I thought I'd be running up and down stairs even more than when I lived in a 2-story house.

Reply to
micky

Ah. I'm much more familiar with areas where there's a minimum lot requirement of an acre.

Thanks for the education.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

A friend of mine rented half of a side-by-side duplex. The neighbor was very quiet but there was the surplus jet engine on a rack in his half of the yard. It wasn't quite clear what the plan was for the engine but my friend monitored any activity closely. Seeing as this was Maine, maybe the guy was just building an entry for the lobster boat races...

Reply to
rbowman