My neighbor was scammed by driveway spraying scammers

Shoot the bastards. It was probably also used crank case oil.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Racking slide on shotgun sure helps keep your door closed.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You are so right. It don't happen in Las Vegas - all the time. They pass out flyers (strip) for me to have an erotic escort. Hell I'm local with no need.

The police know they are there and might even understand when I push the guy out of my space or on his ass when I walk the street.

Just like me answering the front door. The person ought to really know what he is up against. Don't get me wrong. I don't cut or shoot everyone knocking on the door.

-- Oren

Oren

Steve B wrote

pay more, they stared

crappy mulch, too.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

people posing as

Yes, but its just not feasible to never ever let anyone anywhere near your house just in case its one of those. And f*ck all of those you mention above are spraying scammers or even just door to door sales fools anyway. Too easy to identify those.

Your claim that you should ensure that no one can get anywhere near your house is just completely mindless paranoia.

six. Don't own a

They have news on

And those report f*ck all spraying scammers doing anything more than con the stupid, stupid.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Oren wrote

Not even possible here, no rotating door knob, the front door is a big sliding glass patio door.

More fool you. Just another utterly mindless paranoid loon.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Pity the real crims wont bother to register with the cops.

Just another terminally stupid system that only inconveniences those who arent the problem and does nothing about those who are.

If you're that paranoid, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to have decent secure security cameras so you can give the cops the footage when something undesirable happens.

Reply to
Rod Speed

"Rod Speed" wrote

Rod Speed?

Is that the speed of your dick typing?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Oren" wrote

Me neither, but I get one every once in a while. I have a nice looking round headed big nail on the backside of my front door. It's for hanging a holster. I talk with people now and then at the front door, and they have no idea I have a gun in my right hand. I also write down license plates. Just a hobby for us paranoid fools.

Don't know about where lots of folks live, but where Oren and I do, home invasion is a common thing. Occasionally ending someone's death. It is also common to be attacked in your garage with the door open. I have a loaded gun in four different areas. I also carry pepper spray almost all of the time. Violent crimes happen in big cities, rural, and small town America. Anyone who thinks not is a troll or just mentally not all there.

Glad I'm moving out of this hell hole soon. Taking a big load of furniture to Utah in the morning. Tools are going to take about two loads. Looking forward to life in a town of 935 people. Maybe I'll forget about all this, and start posting that everyone who carries a gun or thinks they can be assaulted or preyed upon are just paranoid fools.

Nah. Last year there was a homicide in that little town of 935.

I was a part time coroner's investigator for a while. As a newcomer and a part timer, all of my calls were "natural" deaths. But I was a part of the office that deals with the dark side of what one human does to another, and heard and saw a lot of things first hand. We had a word for people who walked around thinking everyone was paranoid, and that nothing could happen to THEM: prey.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Rod Speed" wrote

The point is they are breaking the law if they knock on your door and the police will respond if they are reported.

Screw that, if they are knocking on my door selling shit, you think I care if they're inconvenienced?

I'm not paranoid. But thanks for playing.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

It would get the attention of the scammers and get them registered. Depending on the community, it might get them followed and they will head out of town. All depends on the police department.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Good movie called Traveller with Bill Paxton and Mark Wahlberg. Pretty funny scene when they collected their cash and ran like hell because it started to rain. The "blacktop sealer" they had just applied was running into the gutter just as fast.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Some gutless paranoid f****it desperately cowering behind Steve B wrote

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nancy Young wrote

No they arent if they have registered.

And you have no practical way of checking if they have registered with the cops or not.

they're

The crims that matter arent, fool.

Corse you are.

Pathetic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That is the same stuff we used. So it seems.

As I recall - If you are having it done - ask about Type I and Type II.

One is under the stone and the other is over the stone. Over is best. And we did it every 4-5 years or in sections as needed. A storm dropping

20 inches in a couple of days might blow out some road...

I'm out of the rain forest and into the rain plains.

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

ted frater wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

"Rod Speed" (clip) And you have no practical way of checking if they have registered with the cops or not. (clip) ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Don't they get paperwork that they are required to show on demand?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Hehe, I lived on "meat about to go bad" when I was in college - thanks to the local Albertson's for selling it to me at half price!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

"Rod Speed" wrote

Just last week I had this new thing installed, it's called a phone. People use it to report suspicious activity.

Crims, is that a new word?

Another new word.

Indeed.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

"Leo Lichtman" wrote

Yes, and people who have it can't wait to show it to you.

I wouldn't ask for it if they didn't, I'd say no thanks, then call after they left. Luckily we get very few door to door people, mostly Jehovah, and the occasional kid selling candy or cookies.

nancy

Reply to
Nancy Young

Nancy Young wrote

Hardly anyone bothers to do with every door to door monkey.

Even someone as stupid as you should be able to work out what its a contraction of in the context.

Like it or lump it.

Pathetic.

Reply to
Rod Speed

"Jon Danniken" wrote: Hehe, I lived on "meat about to go bad" when I was in college - thanks to the local Albertson's for selling it to me at half price! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ How is that different from aging, which sells for MORE?

Reply to
Leo Lichtman