My hard-wired smoke detector with spliced on power cord and-

plug- plugged into a wall outlet-

saved me A $150 electrician bill and

IS STILL WORKING !!!

Reply to
misterfact

No reason it shouldn't work. You used a plug that attaches to the outlet with a screw so it meets code, didn't ya?

Reply to
toller

Doesn't need to meet code-it isn't new construction! I don't care if it doesn't satisfy my insurance company either so long as I have one of their approved pieces of crap in my house- which is a 9v battery-only smoke detector.

Reply to
misterfact

Does it work if the power goes out?

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Of couse. It works just like if it was hard-wired. Wether it's hardwired or plugged into an outlet- there's a battery backup.

Reply to
misterfact