mulberry RIP

it's done,

after 4-6 years of arguments, fights, cajolings etc, she got a gigantic portable cherry picker, and 8-10 good friends, as watched the gigantic

30+ yo Mulberry (bush/tree) shaved and cut. It's like 3-4 pickup truck loads... I gave up 1/2 of it, the deck and roof side... the tree still gives shade and berries, but no longer upon our rotting roof and ever- stained deck. It was/is a real job. The hydrolic picker *is* ver impressive and big ($240/day) and still sits by our house awaiting resolution about whether to do the whole-thing, which i don't want... that's another story.. but realize that a "tree" some 100+ft high really takes alot of pickup truck loads to move, and although theoretically seems like a simple thing, when you physically gotta move them limbs and branches, it's a real job. Thanks bunches that i have friends that know what they're doing! Now i gotta think about doing our cedar+1 asphalt shingle roof (60deg)... i got 6-10 months to think about it. Maybe the Mulberry tree was really no my friend, but gosh i loved it's berries and shade... while she hated its stained deck, and our dogs bringing it in the house. Compromise?

notes on ridding your house of apparent problems...

Reply to
AND Books