More lumber !

  This time it's material to build the trellis roof over part of our deck . About 22 by 12 feet , at the west end by the dining room - where we have a lot of windows to catch the solar heat in the winter . This will give us southern solar exposure in winter and shade in the summer . Gotta decide what to plant for the summer cover but it'll probably be muscadines or grapes of some kind(s) . For right now though this roof area will be covered and closed in with with plastic , giving me both a dry place to store materials and a place to work .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Going back many years, my wife's grandfather did that with grapes over an outside patio. Gave good amount of shade, but there were times it also attracted bees. Come fall, he's make wine.
On 11/20/2019 3:51 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

  We like bees ... and when I have a source of fruit , I make some pretty good wine . I've finally got a spacewith stable tempsto set up my fermentation bottles .
--
Snag
Yes , I'm old