Moisture problem in slab home

I have an excessive amount of moistue in my slab home every fall. I have had a french drain installed all around the perimeter of my home.I have had the house checked for plumbing leaks.I have narrow overhangs with vinyl covering with air holes. The moisture shows up in only one of my registers....but goes away after running a dehumidifier constantly for a couple of weeksand does not return until the next fall...any suggestions?

Reply to
soggy

Probbaly a crack or hole in the ductwork coupled with groundwater.

Friend of mine had a slab house inconveniently built over a natural spring. Hilarity did not ensue.

Reply to
roger61611

Maybe you mean ... excessive humidity? (You did say dehumidifier) My home's the same ... the first few cool nights of fall cause that warm humid summer air in the house to dump humidity on the cold windows until the inside/outside humidity levels come to ... an understanding. Opening a few windows during the transition helps a lot.

Reply to
bowgus

What part of the country are you located in? Are you near any rivers, springs or anything like that?

It seems odd to me. If you have sprinklers or some other means of artificial irrigation, I'd consider turning them off (or at least down) just a little earlier in the season.

Also check for sources of condensation (which might be falling/ migrating some considerable distance).

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar