Moisture barrier

I am installing a moisture barrier to the inside basement foundation from just above grade level to under the sub floor. How does one attach said moisture barrier (note: not "vapour barrier") to the poured concrete foundation and still allow moisture to rise and escape from the sills?

A single line of (thin) strapping nailed into the concrete, then the polly stapled to that? A dab of acoustic sealant every foot or so?

That looks like only construction adhesive holding the strapping on...

Andrew

Actually - looking closely at the diagram, it looks like a line of caulk and then the moisture barrier and THEN the strapping...

Andrew

I agree and the strapping appears to be nailed or screwed to the concrete.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit, a's Pádraig.

OK - So I apply a bead of acoustic sealant to just above grade level, press the poly-whatever barrier in place and power-nail the Hell out of a 1x2x8 strapping on top of it? Crap! I have a mix of some fibreglass and some rigid foam insulation (which won't like the strapping)...

Go raibh mile maith agat!

Andrew

I feel your pain, but I don't have an answer to that one.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan