Mini split fan doesnt stop

This is a long shot but...

I have one of those mini-splits in my garage. When I turn it on, the compressor cycles on and off to maintain the temperature I want but the indoor fan unit never stops running. This isn't different than a window unit or portable A/C but it would be nice if the fan would at least sometimes turn off when the room is below the set point.

Do any of you know of ANY mini-splits that have a feature that turns off the blower fan when below the setpoint? Ever heard of any modifications to make one like mine turn off?

Thanks, Gary

Reply to
User Example

The fan should run all the time. The sensor for the temperature on most of them is in the grill in front of the evap coil. If it shut down it wouldn't read the proper temp.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail
Reply to
hvactech2