Mini-split AC systerms? ? ?

And wallbangers are contained within the apartment... They are not placed outside on the ground and require running wiring and refrigerant lines up the outside of the building -- which is something only the owner of the building can do as that is outside of the boundaries of the "apartment"...

That issue is something the OP has never clarified as of yet... Does he own the "apartment" ? Does he have the legal right to install equipment located outside of the "apartment" or does he need permission/approval of someone else who controls/owns that area...

Reply to
Evan

Maybe the OP already knows the answer to that, which might explain why he never asked

Reply to
RBM

Maybe the OP already knows the answer to that, which might explain why he never asked

That is exactly right. All of the questions raised by various responders had been fully resolved before I asked the question, could anyone share their experience with mini-splits? Everything else is irrelevant.

I find the alt-home.repair group to be useful, but over the years I've found a great tendency of responders to go off track and ask a lot of questions that are, as I said, irrelevant.

I'll ask once more:

Does anyone have experience with mini-splits that they might share? Did it meet expectations? Has it required service?

Reply to
Ray