Microwave Not Warming

It is a Frigidaire above the oven model. Two years old. Just last night it stopped warming food. Everything else works okay. It has power. The tray turns. All the features still work. Just no heat. I tried different power level settings. Nothing. I changed the plug from one outlet to another. Reset the breaker box. Still no heating. The control pad works okay. The lights work. Just no heat. Anyone have any idea what it wrong?

thanks, Greg

Reply to
Greg

cheap chinese labor and parts?

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I've worked on a couple microwaves. they have a high voltage (12.5 KV) diode off the transformer. Sometimes those go bad. So the microwave hums, but doesn't heat.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

another.

Hi,

Any strange noises?

A copy:

Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food?

A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components (

) section.

Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything.

A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay.....

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks.

Reply to
Greg

Thanks.

Reply to
Greg

Yes, its broken. The magnetron may still be in warranty so check out the Frigidaire customer service. Cold be something else also.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski