Method for Improving Percolation at Seepage Pits

What is "aeration" ? Is this the method to improve drainage of a seepage pit ?

Or, are chemicals used to free up/clean bottom of pit area ?

Reply to
Vince

Aeration increases the rate at which the bacteria process the matter in the water Aeration is a fountain or a propeller that stirs the tank.

Percolation is how fast the water that comes out of the septic is absorbed by the soil in the drainage field. Percolation rates are strongly affected by the soil type. Studies have shown that water softener discharge water helps percolation rates in many soil types

Reply to
Robert Gammon

I asked a service guy to tell me about aeration, and he told me that he uses water. I now see on his invoice an entry that says "hydro-jetting".

So, what is hydro-jetting? (What, How, When ?)

Anybody have a reference to a glossary of terms applicable to septic systems ?

Reply to
Vince