Medicine cabinet in powder room?

I put a large multi mirrored, 3 door cabinet in main bath. Just need to store shaving equip, etc, somewhere. I'm putting in a full bath in basement, and I will probably use a mirror. Just need a sink cabinet with drawers.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

If you don't think you need one, don't put one in.

If you think you do need one, put one in.

If you remain unsure, put one in and let your wife use it for the overflow from hers.

Reply to
dadiOH

I once saw a suggestion for re-branding prescription bottles with the name of the party's host that you could leave in the mark's medicine cabinet. No reason why you can't use your own name:

Reply to
HeyBub

Bottle labeled chloroform, Rags, Duct tape, Ty-raps and a blank VCR tape.

Reply to
Metspitzer

In my Ex-House, we had a powder room that was only about 45" x 45". Originally, the door opened in and in order to close the door, you had to put your butt over the top of the toilet and then swing the door shut. I put a pocket door in that house right away. However, after many years, we remodeled and I am proud of what was done. I put in a pedestal sink in the corner with a corner mirror above it ... no medicine cabinet behind it. Then on the toilet wall I put a stack of cabinets, where the toilet wasn't and extended them over the toilet. Nice for keeping towels, soap, TP, etc. Check out the pic:

BTW, the room only had a 7' ceiling (if that), but it all worked our really well. Also, the hardest part of this whole thing was that the toilet had to be moved 2" towards the door, in order to fit the cabinet stack. It was a slab floor. I was going to just chisel out some of the concrete and use an offset flange, however, the concrete wouldn't budge. I had to rent an electric jack hammer ... did it in about 5 minutes. I won't even get started on how I cut the cast iron pipe, to fit the offset flange.

Reply to
Art Todesco

I'd be proud, too! Outstanding job.

You should have taken this powder room with you when you moved !

Reply to
HeyBub

None in the eight bathrooms (two houses, at least for a couple of weeks ;-). All the "stuff" goes in the vanity. One has drawers, which is nice. The others don't, which isn't, but will have after I reno the bathroom. I wouldn't bother in guest bathrooms.

BTW, medicine cabinets aren't a good place to keep medicine and they're too small for much else.

Reply to
krw