Maytag Problem -- Clothes are being ripped (2023 Update)

replying to nick, Joan OCallaghan wrote: Same happening to my clothes. I tried to wash all on delicate cycle yet seems all that does is rip clothes at slower cycle!

Reply to
Joan OCallaghan

replying to Joan OCallaghan, FireonIce wrote: Same here. Have the same maytag neptune digital front-load washer & dryer. I thought it was the dryer ripping the clothes. Will have to look before putting in the dryer next time. Washer doesn't drain and mold is a major issue. Drum remains full all the time. Why doesn't the pump empty the drum?

Reply to
FireonIce

On Tue 28 Aug 2018 02:44:02p, FireonIce told us...

We have a pair of Maytag front loaders, but not the Neptune model. We had no problems with any clothing damage from either machine. There may be a small reservoir below the drum of the washer, usually for keeping those parts "lubricated", but all visible water drains completely and we have never had a musty or moldy issue. We wipe down the interior side of the door as well as thoroughly drying the gasket on both the exposed surface and underneath. When we're finished washing we always leave the door open. It might not be convnient for some people because of location, but our machines are in a separate attached laundry room with a door. There is also an exhaust fan in the room (like those in a bathroom), that we run during all of our rwashing and drying.

Both our washer and dryer have steam cycles from directly connected water feeds, so significant mousture can be generated.

Unless your very hand, I would suggest that you have a Maytag repair person to figure out what's causing all of our problems.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

I have a newer Maytag and it does the same thing! My agitator sits flush with the bottom of the tub, but literally sucks my clothes into this tiny gap tearing them. Tonight it was my sheets. I’m so pissed I spent a thousand dollars on this piece of crap.

Reply to
Jessica

On Sat, 6 Mar 2021 04:45:02 +0000, Jessica posted for all of us to digest...

I presume you didn't read this Homemoaners Hubless history prior to purchasing the washer. I suggest you call service and Maytag to resolve it.

Reply to
Tekkie©

This Maytag ‘piece of junk’ has torn my clothes to pieces. Neither Maytag or Lowe’s will take any responsibility for any of the clothes towels, or sheets that have been ripped up. Do you have any information on lawsuits? The machine should be immediately recalled. The store owner at the Lowe’s in Huntsville Alabama said he had the same washer and it did the same to his clothes.

Reply to
LINDA

The machine Maytag I have tears my clothes. It is a design flaw and the machines should be recalled immediately. Neither Maytag or Lowe’s will replace any of the articles

Reply to
LINDA

Maytag will not fix it or recall the machine. They or Lowe’s will not pay for the pieces that the machine has torn to pieces. Appx a thousand dollars of clothing.

Reply to
LINDA

Yes, all you have to do is prove it. Are you willing to make that investment? Can you get other owners to you you?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I have the same type of problem. This washer likes to pull out draw strings from sweatpants, gym shorts and sweat shirts, even if they are tied in a double knot. And when it can't pull the drawstrings out it exerts such force that it breaks them. Best way to solve this problem is to buy a Whirlpool 90 Series washer if they are still available.

Reply to
Mace0410

Have you tried putting items with draw strings into a mesh bag intended to protect delicate clothes and small items such as children's socks when being washed in a washing machine?

Reply to
Retirednoguilt