Maytag MAV6000 doesn't do anything

I've been having problems with my lid switch on a Maytag MAV6000. I've been hitting the lid or slamming it down to get it to work. I did a load of wash and it finished the entire load without any problems (this time I didn't need to do any slamming or banging). I went to start another load and nothing. I turned the dial, pulled it out and didn't get anything. The motor didn't kick in, the washer didn't start filling, nothing. I checked for power in the outlet (I don't have an Ohm meter to check the washer cord) and it's there. The cord was plugged in. I replaced the timer (thinking with the banging it jarred something in it) and it still doesn't work...any suggestions??? Thank you in advance.

Reply to
plemke

I've been having problems with my lid switch on a Maytag MAV6000. I've been hitting the lid or slamming it down to get it to work. I did a load of wash and it finished the entire load without any problems (this time I didn't need to do any slamming or banging). I went to start another load and nothing. I turned the dial, pulled it out and didn't get anything. The motor didn't kick in, the washer didn't start filling, nothing. I checked for power in the outlet (I don't have an Ohm meter to check the washer cord) and it's there. The cord was plugged in. I replaced the timer (thinking with the banging it jarred something in it) and it still doesn't work...any suggestions??? Thank you in advance.

Reply to
plemke

Hi, If you think the interlock switch is faulty, you can temprarily bypass it by shorting the leads together. Or with lid open poke at it with a stick(like chop stick). Or if it is not a mechanical switch(something like Hall effect switch) the wiring may not be straight forward.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yes, I have tried pushing in the switch while I had the control panel off with a screwdriver, but it didn't do anything. How do I go about shorting the leads together?

Reply to
plemke

Hi, Pull those wires on the switch terminals, short them together. To be safe do that with washer unplugged and see what happens. Also you can test the switch with meter. Push on, release off.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I think I would just replace the switch.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Reply to
buffalobill

I replaced the switch...works like a charm again...for now! Thanks everyone for your advice!!

Reply to
plemke