maybe good to clean dryer motor

yesterday we were moving and cleanign around the basement and decided to clean inside the dryer. Found lots of lint blackened maybe by oil on the motor, mainly covering the motor vents. Never done it before. Could it be a fire hazard ? However, we do have the chimney and furnace done every year, but I know people that never touch those things. I guess their dryer motors are just s. o. l.

Reply to
joe

Hi,

Good!

Possible burnt as well.

Yes.

The dryer venting going outside should be cleaned out every year and the inside of the dryer ( depending on useage ) should be cleaned out every 2-5 years.

A copy....

This product is especially susceptible to a partially closed vent. Pictured is the dryer before we cleaned it and the danger involved in using the white vinyl venting. I say it again. If you have the white vinyl venting on your dryer, redo the vent with good pipe and save your self lots of dollars in power savings and maybe even save your life from a burnt house. There are many aluminum semi-rigid, flexible, rigid products that does a good job in venting. Use the white vinyl stuff if you insist, but don't be surprised when problems occur, and don't be surprised if you burn your home down. These folks were lucky!! They were right on the verge of a major fire. Reference model

110.66901690

jeff.

Appliance Repair Aid

jeff