Macadam Repairs

Our driveway is 15 yrs old and in pretty good condition except for a few widening cracks. The worst of these is about 5/8" to 3/4". Since the gallon jugs of patch are useful only on 1/4" or less - I've had it shrink and pull away - could I successfully use the driveway patch in caulking tubes? Does that product perform well in this application? TIA, Chuck

Reply to
C & E

Nope. Maybe non-shrink grout would work.

Reply to
Art

Probably not. Did you try an epoxy resin based patch?

Reply to
Meat Plow

There are some ohter patch materials, some in bags or bu ckets, that can be troweled in.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

on 7/14/2007 5:59 PM C & E said the following:

Quikrete sells asphalt mix in bags available at the big box and other building supply stores. I would fill the crack with that first before using a grout, if needed at all.

willshak