Lowe's inventory records a disaster

Not mentioned is the app you are using. If it knows where you are at at the time of app use (gps) it may be looking at inventory for the 'other' store you were closest to. See what "My Store" is set as.

Reply to
Thomas

Here's how: if the SKU isn't attached to the item - in this case, stamped on the sheet, or at least a price tag stapled to it - the customer can load the sheets on a cart and helpfully write down the SKU to provide to the cashier. But that customer may accidentally or deliberately note the wrong SKU, and odds are the cashier won't notice. The sheets of maple plywood are rung up as something else - probably something cheaper - and that's how the inventory gets screwed up.

Reply to
Moe DeLoughan

It showed me the place-name of the store I was at. And if it had been showing me the wrong store, it wouldn't have reset to zero when the guy in that store set his "number in stock" to zero.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

Why shouldn't Lowe's broadcast in a language spoken by the customers they're trying to attract? If they thought it would increase market share, they'd broadcast their commercials in Etruscan.

Next time I see a Lowe's commercial, I'll have to leave the sound on.

Then again, maybe it's because you live in the West.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
Cindy Hamilton

Our local home store does just that. They have a strong Etruscan following from a hundred miles around. I've never seen an Etruscan at Lowes or Home Depot, now I know why.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I was working in an agricultural fertilyzer plant making parts for applicat ors. Shop boss got the brilliant idea to put pads of paper on the bins so I could add the number I put in there and theusers subtract the ones they u sed. Now what could be more brilliant or simpler than that? I pointed out aht that system will only work if two people are involved and even then co mmonly fails. Nothing I said would convince him until the day he said he n eeded a batch of part # so and so, I pointed out to him that the bin was fu ll per the pad.

Reply to
Harry K

The maple plywood is not yet in stock again at that store, but I was there yesterday evening to buy something else. The app. showed two in stock, and that was the number on the shelf. I bought one and did not think to check in the app. again straight away, but this morning it showed only one in stock. So something is getting updated reasonably promptly.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

I was passing that Lowe's yesterday, so (even though the app. and the Web site still showed that they had none in stock) I stopped in to see whether they had the new stock of maple plywood. None to be seen, so I asked the nearby checkout operator, who told me that *he* could not check whether there was any on its way, and sent me to Customer Service, who told me that there was no record of any having been ordered. I walked back to the other end (which is where I had parked) and told the checkout operator there. He said, "What are they going to do?" to which I replied "Probably pretend that I don't exist."

There are other Lowe's stores farther away that claim (on line) to have stock, but it's not convenient to make th trip at present -- and I would certainly insist that they check the racks to ascertain that they do have stock before I would drive there.

The reason for preferring Lowe's on this occasion is that they will cut the 8x4 sheet into sections appropriate for my needs and that will fit into the car. Menard's has no way to cut plywood sheets, but maybe I'll go there at night, park in a far corner, and cut the sheet down with my

18V saw. I did it once before.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy