Low Temp Thermostat?

Hiya, I just purchased a unit heater for my garage. I plan to have gas lines run sometime in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm trying to find a thermostat. It just needs a standard 24V thermostat but I'm having a hard time finding one that has a temperature range that dips down into the

30's. Most times, I'm thinking I just want to keep it above freezing just to protect all my paints, finishes, etc... Anyone know of such a beast? Essentially something that has a temp range of 35-70 or so would be ideal. Thanks for any inputs. Cheers, cc
Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson

The Honeywell T87F (round style) is available down to 35F. It's probably special order .

You probably could modify the calibration on a plain jane model easily enough.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

They exist for sure. There are even power "blocks" that you plug electric heaters into and plug into the wall that turn on at 35F for pump house freeze protection. You might need to search in industrial or farm equipment areas.

I have a White-Rodgers 266-1 that I believe covers that range.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

Take the old-school analog thermostat, mount it with a single screw, and tilt the whole body to get down to the temp you want. Calibrate with a thermometer.

My current garage is done this way...there are tick marks on the wall for 1, 2, and 4 degrees C.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen