Low hot water pressure?

My gas water heater is 29 years old, and I do plan on replacing it before winter because I'm tired of crawling out of bed into a 60 degree bedroom and into a lukewarm shower.

Anyway, for the past few months my hot water pressure has been noticeably lower than my cold. Could this be due to scale/calcuim/crud buildup in the hot water heater?

Reply to
mkirsch1

Not in the heater shell, but possibly in a badly corroded nipple on the inlet/outlet.

29 yrs old?? I would be reluctant to tamper with it at all. Live with the low flow until replacement...

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Oh no, no plans to tamper with it. New heater first.

Reply to
mkirsch1