loud bang from circuit breaker box (2023 Update)

You don't think that between the homeowner and 4 electricians, if that's what it was, they would have figured it out? Good grief.

Reply to
trader_4

I'm not sure I'd take "Barbara's" post at face value in the first place. Four electricians can't find the problem, perhaps Barbara is the problem...

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Impossible to ensure that an electrician will be there during a downpour.

Reply to
farter

More likely that given that it only happens in a downpour, that its impossible to ensure that an electrician is there when whatever if is goes bang in a downpour.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I hit 'Next' as soon as I read about a tripping breaker causing a loud bang. That's no breaker that I've ever heard.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

You've never heard a high voltage/high amperage breaker trip then. (High voltage is over 600VAC). That said, one is not likely to find them in a home.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

You really should find a hobby. All you ever do is slam a poster. Surely you must have something else to say.

Reply to
Ken

Sensible people put him in their kill file. You should do the same and the rest of us would appreciate it. We only see him when you reply.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Yes, I plonked him years ago when I saw how consistent his posts were, just like the one above. It's rather amazing. Most of us have good days and bad days, good posts and bad posts, but he doesn't vary.

Reply to
micky

Right, I thought the context was residential.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

You mean Barbara doesn't have one of these breakers in her basement ... ?

John T.

Reply to
hubops