Looking for tape which is EXTREMELY slippery

I have an application where I need an adhesive tape which is extremely slippery. The tape will stick onto a plastic cabinet on which a metal hinge frequently rubs. I want the tape to both protect the plastic and also reduce the friction of the rubbing. Ideally, the tape would be black.

In essence I would like a black duct tape with a teflon coating.

Any recommendations?

Scott

To reply by email, remove "SSPPAAMM" snipped-for-privacy@SSPPAAMMameritech.net

Reply to
pinball gizzard

I think Lee Valley has the tape you are looking for. It is made from that high density (?) plastic and is very slippery.

HTH

rik

Reply to
RikC

Boating stores sell teflon tape. It is very expensive, but they sell it by the inch.

Reply to
Wade Lippman

Reply to
Bob Bowles

Reply to
Ray Kostanty

Hey, and why not?! This is America--that's what we DO here!

Oh, stop makin' sense, willya?! ;-)

--JWW

Reply to
John W. Wells

Well, I uh, well.... Okay fine, I'll tell you. I bought the biggest damned TV I could find that would fit into the wife's choice of TV cabinet. It fits, but the metal hinges on the tuck-away doors rub against the TV mildly at one point.

Scott