Looking for a electrican in Kansas City

Look mate.

You aren't going to get your answer here.

I live in KC.

I just picked up the yellow pages.

I just found the names of over 500 electricians who are not listed as contractors.

Call them.

Ask them to come visit your house, tell them you will pay them for the time they are there.

Do that with 5 different individual electricians.

Then make your pick based upon Cost, Quality, and Schedule.

NO ONE IN A USENET NEWSGROUP IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO REFER YOU TO ANYONE WHO IS WORTH A DAMN, BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW WHAT THE INTENTIONS OF THE COMPLETE STRANGER GIVING ADVICE HERE ARE.

Your problem is not unique. It has been encountered and solved countless times since about 1890.

Unless I'm mistaken, they didn't have usenet then.

Use your brain. Use your gut. Use your balls.

Open the book, pick up the phone, dial 7 digits.

It's actually fairly easy.

Oh - one other thing:

INSIST THAT PERMITS ARE PULLED, ASK FOR PROOF OF INSURANCE.

And another thing -

Quit focusing so much on cost.

The fact that you want it to cost a certain amount DOES NOT square with people being able to do a quality job and make a profit. But, as I said, pick a percentage from cost, quality, and schedule. The total can't be more than 100%.

Reply to
Matt

I have a 50 year old house and would like to have a good electrician that can rewire my breaker boxes and allow me to use a generator for emergency power. I don't want to use a contractor because they cost over 300 percent of the actual cost and I can't afford that. Please no smart ass responses.

Reply to
aezael

I have a 50 year old house and would like to have a good electrician that can rewire my breaker boxes and allow me to use a generator for emergency power. I don't want to use a contractor because they cost over 300 percent of the actual cost and I can't afford that. Please no smart ass responses.

Reply to
aezael

I have a 50 year old house and would like to have a good electrician that can rewire my breaker boxes and allow me to use a generator for emergency power. I don't want to use a contractor because they cost over 300 percent of the actual cost and I can't afford that. Please no smart ass responses.

Reply to
aezael

Sending your message three f****ng times is not going to increase your odds of getting an answer, you dumb sumbitch.

Like the other poster told you, and like I told you a few days ago when you asked the same f****ng thing, LOOK IN YOUR GODDAM MOTHERFUCKING YELLOW PAGES, YOU FUCKING DIMWIT.