Long closet pole

Easy enough, I reinforced my closet rod with a piece of channel aluminum. Neighbor had trashed a pile of shelf standards. Used this to stiffen the closet shelves too. This stuff wasnt your typical channel stock though. Put two lengths of it together back to back and it would form a hexagon. Also used to work in te garment industry many years ago. They make special wall mount brackets that will support a rod in the middle and allow a hangar to slide over it. Maybe not all hangars though

Reply to
jimmiedee

I think this calculation is correct assuming all the weight is in the middle. If the weight is distributed the full length of the rod the deflectiomn would be a lot less. Even less if heavy items are placed toward the ends.

Reply to
jimmiedee

Another person, like Nick, who doesn't understand what he reads in a manual. That's the problem with these manuals. They are useful for those who understand them, but potentially dangerous in the hands of others.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

Clue: Nick is like a mathematical formula. He has wonderful theoretical concepts, but you will NEVER get him to admit he is wrong. I tried that over ten years ago, and for ten years I've been needling him about the difference between theory and real world.

Reply to
hchickpea

That's why the PE exam is open book. Having the book doesn't mean someone understands it.

RicodJour

Clearly you need another hobby.

Reply to
Goedjn