Lightbulbs stuck in ceiling fan

There's the old fuses that have bases like those on light bulbs. I know someone whose house uses 3 of those (30A fuses).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Coat all new bulb threads with silicone grease. Available at all auto parts stores - made for spark plug boots.

Reply to
maradcliff

Americans like to screw !!!!!

Reply to
maradcliff

Really?

Jethro

Thanks everyone!

Silicon Grease it is.

I'll get some today.

Jethro

Reply to
Jethro

I bought some of this stuff a few years ago and it works great.... haven't had a problem removing a single bulb since I started using it, and it used to be a MAJOR problem for me.

A little $4 tub will probably last you the rest of your life. The stuff is like silicon grease in appearance, only it has the consistency of a hard wax. A little goes a very long way.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN