Light switches in "L"-shaped hallway

There are 2 ways a 3-way might be connected with K&T. In both, 2 wires go between the 3-way switches. And at one end the 3rd wire goes to the light socket connection to the end of the light bulbs.

================== In one way of wiring, the 3rd wire at the other switch goes to the other (screwshell) terminal at the light sockets. This is not a good way to wire a light.

================== The other (more likely and preferred) way of wiring a 3-way, the other wire at the 2nd switch does not connect to the light socket. **This will be the hot feed to trace.

(With both wiring methods the 2 wires between the switches connect to the same-colored terminals on the 3-way switches.)

====================== Don't know if you noticed - Terry started a 2nd thread on this 2-1.

Reply to
bud--

Thanks. I'll have to check this out a little more on Tuesday. Between now and then I won't be home while it's daylight outside when I can see everything with and without the power on.

I went into the attic this morning, and part of the floor is already up from when I was working on it before. But I have to take another board up to access above the light, and I didn't have time to do that today.

I didn't see the other thread that Terry started on this, but I'll go there now.

Reply to
BETA-33