Light Flasher

I have an old street semaphore and want to set it up in a rec room. It has been rewired to have all three lights on constantly. I would like to find some type of flasher to change it so one or more of the lights flash. Anyone have any suggestions?

Reply to
andersrick

Well, ten years ago I would tell you to run out and get a 120 FLASHER. They came is a "plug in" version and a "drop into the edison socket" version.

Check out Lowe's or HD and see if they still carry flashers. Maybe an "old time" hardward store in your town might still have some.

Reply to
John Gilmer

Try this site...

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

Thanks, they had just what I was looking for. I was searching all over the net and didn't remember the simple rule to keep it simple.

Reply to
andersrick

That reminds me of my holiday lights. I use solid-state relays (make sure it has DC input around 12V and AC output that can handle your lights) connected directly to a PC serial port (RTS or DTR line {allows 2 separate channels}, no additional components required). These outputs can be switched directly by software.

BTW, I made a mistake once of getting normally-closed relays. These will work if you just reverse the connections (since serial ports switch polarity when turned on and off).

Reply to
Mark Lloyd

Christmas light supplies after-season sale?

Bob

Reply to
Bob