Level floor before Kiltz or after?

Never heard of using kilz on a floor before. Deal with the odor first. Being kilz is paint that might deter the bond your looking for. How about bleach until the odor is gone. Then do the leveling

Reply to
SQLit

What odor? Think about the stink before acting.

Reply to
John B

I have an old wood floor that I need to seal with Kiltz and in some areas needs a bit of leveling compound.

I intend to use the cementious leveling product.

My question is should I apply the Kiltz before or after the leveling compound? Which way will achieve the best bond and best odor control.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

There was a fire in the house. Most of the odor in the floor is from pets. Odor ban has been used extensively while mopping. The floors will be carpeted. I just want to make sure the odor does not come back.