Leslie-Locke attic ventilator (2023 Update)

I just looked at this thread in GG where it's it's easy to follow the dates since GG shows the threads in date order.

It was started in '05 but there were a couple of responses in '09, then a couple more in '11, and now a few in '13.

Since we seem to have settled into a 2 year cycle, expect to see some more responses in '15.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

This is the original thread:

The date is 7/18/05

Idiots from the homemoanershub often post answers to very old threads.

Reply to
bud--

Or, if you click the link at the bottom of the 1st post it takes you to the original thread at homemoanershub, which includes the original date. No reason the idiots couldn't easily figure out the thread is an antique.

Reply to
bud--

You are correct. I did not look at the date before posting. Also, as someone mentioned, he may have been talking about an attic fan and not a whole house fan.

Hopefully the references I posted can help someone else who is looking for the Leslie-Locke company.

Reply to
Melisa

Wow. So you went to check, even with no reason to be suspicious? Or you remembered it?

I'll set my alarm clock. Hmmm. It's only good for up to a week. I'll set the Scheduler on my computer to wake me up October, 2015.

Maybe by then the national government will be running.

Reply to
micky

My other post 30 minutes ago was before i read t his one.

I didn't think to do that.

So I did click now and I read an answer that sounded like it could be from me. It was just about the same thing I said in this thread.

And it turned out IT WAS from me, when I called myself meirman.

Posted July of 2005.

Do I spend too much time here?

BTW, it was good to read the last part of the thread, which I didnt' remember.

Reply to
micky

But it is not just you. A rather high percentage of posts from homemoanershub are on antique threads.

This is, by the way not homemoanershub. It is usenet:alt.home.repair which homemoanershub steals without attribution.

Reply to
bud--

If you measure the diameter, it is probably 5", you can search for a replacement by that on Fasco's website. At least that is what I did. They are grouped by the diameter

Reply to
Paula

It is possible that the thermostat is bad and not the motor itself. Discon nect the black line and load wires in the thermostat and connect the two wi res together to see if the motor works. You should also check to see that y ou have power in the thermostat between the hot and neutral.

Replacement thermostats are available at Home Depot.

I forget who took over the Leslie-Locke line, but parts are available as I have bought them. Home Depot does sell replacement motors, but I don't rem ember if it will work for yours.

Try this link for replacement motors.

Amazon also sells replacement motors:

If you cannot find a replacement motor, you can take yours to an electric m otor rebuilder and have them fix it for you.

GAF owns the MasterFlow name and those fans are sold at Home Depot:

entilator

I usually order a new fan blade when I buy a motor as the old one can be di fficult to get off the shaft. You don't want a bent fan blade.

Reply to
John G

replying to tom_sawyer70, Vicki wrote: Hi I am a former employee that worked for this company when you were located in Franklin Park,Illinois and I was wondering if you all still made wall louvers and ceiling fans and roof louvers

Reply to
Vicki

replying to tom_sawyer70, Ray wrote: I have a Leslie attic vent fan motor that has a lifetime warranty. Can anyone tell me how I can get a motor to replace it using the warranty

Reply to
Ray

replying to tom_sawyer70, Ray wrote: I have a Leslie attic vent fan motor that has a lifetime warranty. Can anyone tell me how I can get a motor to replace it using the warranty

Reply to
Ray

Ray posted for all of us...

DAGS

Reply to
Tekkie®

Looking for leslie lock motor for attic draw fan motor#322p903

Reply to
Terance Reck

To whom it my concern I have a leslie lock motor for my attic fan and had it for over 40 some years I would like to get another motor for the motor that locked up can someone please help yours truly Terance Reck snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Terance Reck

If you live in or near a decent-sized city, there is probably a motor supply store that sells replacement motors for just about everything. That's where I've bought the replacement motor for my roof fan.

You certainly don't need a leslie-locke motor. In fact those things probably don't exist. They buy motors from someone and put their name on them.

EMR I think it was, Electic Motor Repair. But mostly they replace them.

Reply to
micky

It will probably be about the same price to just replace the entire ventilator, motor and all.

Reply to
TimR

or try looking trough here

Dean Hoffman

Except that if it's a roof mounted one, then you have a more involved shingle operation. As i recall HD carried replacement motors, if they still do, that's a possible source.

Reply to
trader_4

Probably the thermostat.. bypass the thermostat.

Reply to
Lantz714@msn.com