Leaf Blower?

Oh, I do that, too. But if the leaves build up too thick, either the mower stalls out, or lays down a layer of mulch so thick the grass goes yellow and dies before the mulch can rot. I have one sycamore that puts out a good 8-10 inches of leaves bigger than my hand. Not clearing those is not an option.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

I use a mulching mower to get rid of our leaves...We have several LARGE Maples as well as a few Ash...Key is to continue mowing weekly through the fall that way they never build up...After all the leaves are down I get my Homelite gas powered leaf blower and blow the leaves out of the gardens and other nooks not accessable to the mower and mulch them with the mower...Then I use the leaf blower to blow the leaves that have piled up against the stone wall over the stone wall into the woods....Does not seem to hurt the lawn...But then again it is a natural lawn , ie , alot of weeds , moss , ect....LOL....

Reply to
benick

The commercial-sized backpack blower is all you need. I can do an entire acre in about 2-3 hours. Wear ear protection. Consider making a compost pile.

Reply to
Phisherman

I've been looking for a sycamore tree at nurseries for years, over 10 years! The owners all say that the sycamores all die of some disease. Then why do I keep seeing 100+ year old sycomores? (actually I don't think I've seen them in TN but there were plenty of them up in PA.) One of these days I'll buy a couple via mail order. And with your shared knowledge I'll be sure to plant them on the outskirts of the yard where I'd like it to kill all the grass. I don't know if I'll live long enough for that, I better get them soon!

Reply to
Tony

Around here (East Tennessee) locals are so proud of their bulldozed land that is then covered with grass. I heard one talking about their daughter, on the land they gave her she built the house and only mows 30 or so many feet around the house. It's filling in and there are TREES there now. "Such a waste!" they say.

Scroll down a bit to "GOD AND GRASS"

Tony