Laying down some brick

I have put down some brick and stepping stones and filled the space between them with sand. I watered it down to help settle the sand and pack it. Is there anything that can be poured over the sand to solidify and glue it together so that sweeping, watering, doesn't pull it out? Thanks for any info and advice.

Reply to
Paul O.

I've heard that sand can be mixed with some portland cement powder, then swept into cracks, then lightly watered, but eventually, this crust becomes cracked and ugly over time. I just keep a bag of dry sand around back to refill the cracks from time to time. Leaving the sand as is will allow you to relevel and reposition the stones from time to time, an advantage, and makes it easier to pull weeds.

Reply to
Roger

Reply to
Paul O.

Reply to
Perry Templeton

Try stone dust. It packs in and doesn't sweep out easily, like sand does. It also blocks weeds far better.

Reply to
KLS

Try removing some of the sand in the joints, brooming in some portland cement/sand mix. Dust it off well once the joints are full and sprinkle lightly with water. The cement will set up and seal the joints---no more sand loss.

Reply to
Inspector D