landscape wiring

New house. We are trenching today for sprinklers. While the trench is dug, laying direct burial wire for a lamp post. When it comes time to set the post, does the wire set within the concrete inside the post, or do I run it from the trench up to the next available hole for the post.

Also, I had the builder place a conduit under the front walkway from the yard to an area in front of the front porch (small planter area) which I will likely place a small fountain later. I already learned about digging under walkways in the prior house. This will be for an extension cord. I also had the builder put in an outside plug and there is an outside junction box (for lamppost or other wiring). Can I run an extension cord in the trench today as well? from the outlet area through the conduit for later use. I would probably be able to run one later just below grade without too much trouble since there will be an area outside the bedroom window thats a planter area, not grass.

Reply to
bizee

I would sleeve your direct burial cable through flexible plastic conduit, like Carflex, into the post. That way it won't be damaged by the concrete and can be removed if necessary. You don't run extension cords in conduits under walkways or directly in trenches

Reply to
RBM