Kitchen Aid Washer

That part is called an agitator. It is on a splined shaft and sometimes they are hard to remove. Service professionals use a device callled the Agitamer. This device is placed under the agitator and water pressure or air pressure is applied to lift the agitator off the shaft.
To learn about appliance repair visit EBay for Appliance Repair Secrets CDROM an excellent tool for DIY's
PS The CD was authored by a 25-year service professional.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file

Site Timeline is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.