Keeping dogs out of the yard

Your wife. . .. . .. . .. . ;-)

Reply to
G Henslee

I'd say shoot the tree, but then you'd be in BIG trouble from the tree-huggers.

See what happens when you give a moocher a little entertainment, some help, something to eat and a free drink?

As a wise man said, "No good deed goes unpunished."

It's good you told someone. Keeping that inside is bad for you.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You know, my wife and I were talking about this just last night ......... what would be the proper etiquette in this situation.

Thanks.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"Doug Kanter" wrote in news:PgWFe.2473$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

WHOA,I've been INFORMED(by you)...well,that just makes it gospel!

Even if I did,you wouldn't accept it. Who can decide "equal value",anyways?

Safe or not,it's still illegal in most urban areas.

How do you connect dog catchers with urban GARDENS? I'm beginning to think you are not rational.

They might use a vacant property,a dog park(where it's allowed,even expected),or at the curb.

Irrational again.

Only if the person on the other end of the leash allows it,thus THEIR responsibility.The dog can only travel where the leash holder permits it to go.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

What a silly question. **YOU** have decided dogs and mosquitoes have UNequal value, right? Your entire framework in the discussion is based on that theory.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

"Doug Kanter" wrote in news:897Ge.2520$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny:

Doug,you simply are not rational.Seek help.

(and you are the one who made the claim of mosquitoes and dogs being of equal value.)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

I'm not rational??

You asked "Who can decide equal value?". That implies nobody can determine "value". But, you claimed the two creatures are NOT equal, which answers your question about "who?". Apparently, you believe that YOU can be the judge of value.

Based on that, so can I.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Sounds like expensive mosquitoes to me:

We're all familiar with so-called "ambulance-chaser" lawyers who often advertise on late-night television. But did you know that there's another interesting and somewhat related field: dog-bite law? It's true -- and it's big business. At the illinois-dog-bite-attorney.com website, for example, I found these statistics:

a.. "There are approximately 5 million dog bites per year (nearly 2% of all Americans are bitten by a dog each year)."

b.. "About 800,000 victims per year require medical attention for dog bites."

c.. "1,000 dog-bite victims per day are seen in hospital emergency rooms with 6,000 requiring hospitalization each year."

d.. "Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year with $345 million paid by insurance companies."

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I'm glad this thread is still going on as I had a dog problem las night

My neighbor's dog often comes over our yard. My wife gives him a treat, I fill a small bucket so he has something to drink. We played tossing a stick for about tem nutes too.

When the dog went home, he pissed on my tree. Should I shoot the dog or my neighbor?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Well, you invited the dog, so protocol says you should shoot yourself, but not fatally, or you won't learn not to invite dogs over.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

My uncle actually had a dog that would do that.

I guess it means something in dog language.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

This thread long ago turned into a pissing contest, so I figured I'd piss against the tree too. I was able to reach a higher spot so I guess I won. Unless the dog comes back and pees on my leg.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

None of the above. Just go piss on the same tree to show how is top dog.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

every state also has crop damage laws. in many, if any animal is bothering a crop, it can be shot on sight. tomato garden, anyone?

Reply to
phlegmatico

is is NOT legal.

call you on it. Tell us which state you're in, so we can look up the law

The OP wasn't in an apartment.

Reply to
phlegmatico

is is NOT legal.

Hey flem, who in the hell are you talking to?

Reply to
G Henslee

You could also piss on the dog. :)

Reply to