Jacuzzi spa flow pressure switch

I have a Jacuzzi spa (I think it's the "echo" model) which started acting up last year. The "FL" indicator comes on on the LCD panel and the spa shuts off. It's been getting worse, and the spa almost never gets to full temperature.

I looked in the manual, and it says that this means a problem with the flow pressure switch. When I called my local shop, they suggested replacing the filter. I did so, and the problem got a little less frequent but didn't go away.

When the FL indicator goes on, I can sometimes get the spa to come back on by forcing water through the filter bay with my hand (sort of like plunging a toilet).

Any ideas on what is going on and how I can fix this myself? Failing that, any ideas on where I can look for more information here? The repair guy came out, but he refused to work on the spa because he claims the spa is not installed to code.

-Nick

Reply to
Snake

There's been no respone, so posting again - anybody have any tips on this? I'm hoping to open the panel this weekend and poke around in there, and it would be great to have some troubleshooting steps...

-Nick

Reply to
Snake

This is rarely the pressure switch itself unless a clump of something has clogged it. I suspect that you have a clog somewhere between the filter and the pump it leads to. What happens if you run with no filter element installed?

When the spa guy said your spa wasn't to code, what specifically made him say that?

BB

Reply to
BinaryBillTheSailor

Thanks for the input, Bill,

It would be great if I could just unclog a hose. When it warms up enough to be outside, I'll have to get in there and look.

The code problem has to do with the GFCI being too close to the water. It's

3 1/2 feet, and they want it to be 5 feet minimum

There doesn't seem to be a difference with or without the filter. The first thing that happened was that I calle the dealer and they recommended replacing the filter. I did and this improved things. Then the problem kept getting worse. This would support the theory that there's a clog. I bet stuff gets into the hoses when I take the filter out to clean it, and it's just built up in there.

Reply to
Snake