J-B Weld vs. J-B Kwik

Words on labels can be VERY misleading. Did you know that "better" is superior to "best"? It is in advertising! Do you know what it means if something is labeled "All natural"? It merely means that it isn't made of plastic. Dog poop is "all natural", and so is arsenic.

Do and believe whatever you like.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Apparently it doesn't. Ask for your money back!

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Go stand in the corner, Kinch.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Googled and read at least a dozen sites talking about rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) ingredients including several MSDS sheets. No oil mentioned at all.

Reply to
Rick Brandt

Good for you, Rick. Means nothing. Go read the ingredients on every box of cereal in the supermarket. Does even one of them mention "insect fragments" or "rodent hair and feces" as ingredients? There is some in every box, regardless. There are even government standards for how much there can be.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

So what you actually meant was "Don't use any product ever because they contain trace elements of stuff not listed in their ingredients." Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

(when you find yourself in a hole, stop digging)

Reply to
Rick Brandt

Good advice - for you.

Meanwhile, rubbing alcohol contains oil. If you want to add oil to curing epoxy, be my guest.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

innews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Another tip for using epoxy: If you don't want the epoxy to stick to something, coat it with vaseline first. For example, coat a straw with vaseline, pack epoxy with filler around it and when the epoxy cures, slide the straw out and you'll have nice smooth hole through the epoxy. It's also great for those areas that you need to protect from the epoxy so you don't end up locking up something that should be able to move.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

JB Weld will probably fail if the surface is cleaned with Alcohol,, that what JB said to me the other day, its the petroluem impurities, likely the poison.

Reply to
m Ransley

If thats the case, I want some JB Century. (Takes a Century to cure), but is stronger than God himself.

Actually I think I have some JB Century. About a year ago I mixed half JB Weld and half JB Kwik by accident. It was half hardner and half resin, but the stuff never hardened. One year later its still soft, and I even put the metal object on top of my wood furnace for awhile hoping the heat would cure it. Nothing will harden it. I had glued an air filter canister from a small engine to a piece of plumbing pipe to use as an air intake for an air compressor. Since it never hardened, I just bought a air filter made for the compressor, but just for the hell of it, I still have that old glued piece and I am waiting to see how long it takes to cure and harden. Maybe it never will.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

No it dont..... It's isopropyl alcohol and water, usually 70 alc 30 wat, but there is a 90 - 10 variety.

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

He must be buying his rubbing alcohol from Iraq. Everything contains oil over there.

Of course his wife could have poured some baby oil in his bottle of rubbing alcohol and told him to lubricate his peter before sex......

---- :)

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

That means that if I wanted to use JB Kwik on my pecker, so I could not not get it out of the gorgeous blond next door, I'd have to skip the vaseline? Damn, that sucks.....

Reply to
Gerry Atrick

Gerry Atrick wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

probably too much hardener.Only thing to do is to scrape off the old stuff and re-do it.

Reply to
Jim Yanik