is there such a thing?

Hi, There is such thing as intelligent charger.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Because often times the WHY is very relevant. It's often based on some old wives' tale, or irrational paranoid delusions.

If you have some practical technical reason then it might be worth our time to spend some time helping you find your answer. However, if you're just another net.kook who can't be convinced that he doesn't really need to wear that tinfoil hat, then there's no sense in wasting any more time on you.

Frankly, I'm starting to lean towards the latter choice.

Reply to
mkirsch1

That's just replacing the burden of remembering one thing with remembering something else. His problem is remembering, period. Net gain, ZERO.

Here is a solution:

Hook any old daily timer to a MECHANICAL 7-day timers in series. Program the daily to run 6 hours a day. Program the 7-day timer to run one hour a week.

End result will be one hour of power every 4 weeks.

Reply to
mkirsch1

But a lot of cheap ones *are* just wall worts and it will ruin them to leave them charging 24/7. I put the 2 cheapo's I have on a timer to slow charge them for 15 minutes a day. It works very well.

Reply to
Tony

I like that. It helps to charge a lead battery every month or so, but nickel batteries don't seem to deteriorate from sitting uncharged.

Part of the plate material can dry if a nickel battery sits for months, so it may not have much capacity on the next charge. Each recharge should help moisten the plates and improve performance.

Reply to
J Burns

Reply to
Bennett Price

THANK YOU! Jim

Reply to
Jim

Compatible?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Thanks. I thought about this some more and though I was right, it will be on one hour every 24 days, the hour will probably be split over two consecutive days. Like 25 minutes one day and 35 the next.

Probably won't matter when charging a battery but might in some ways if one is taking time lapse photography or something.

Reply to
mm