is the air conditioner condensate safe?

Years ago, people put barrels under downspouts for washing purposes.

I see all that water coming out of my attic installed air conditioner hose, dumping into the gutter and subsequently out the downspout.

Is condensate the same thing as distilled? Would it be harmful to drink?

Can I bottle it, put a French name on it and sell it as a medicinal wonder drug?

Reply to
FireBrick

Well there goes another great money making idea. :-)))

thanks for the info. I sorta guessed it wasn't. Hope your finger heals clean.

Reply to
FireBrick

The water initially is the same thing as distilled- pure water captured from water vapor in the air. The problem is with what happens to the water between the cooling coils and the drain pipe- yuck!

Reply to
Chuck

Now come on CB, don't you like to drink that water that taste like coil cleaner??

LOL

-- kjpro _-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>_-~-_>

( kjpro @ starband . net ) remove spaces to e-mail

Want it done yesterday? Or done right today, to save money tomorrow!!

_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>_>

Reply to
kjpro

Isn't Legionnaire's Disease caused by a bacteria that lives in A/C systems??

Reply to
snafu

I believe that was found in the evaporative cooling systems.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Yup - it was discovered in cooling tower water that was untreated.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara