Insulated Windows

I want to have several windows replaced since the old ones are fogged up and have lost their insulating abilities.

I had one company give me an estimate for replacing 3 windows that measure about 3 x 4 feet each. The estimate was over 6 hundred dollars. Does that sound about right or is it way too much?

Thanks,

Don

Reply to
Freckles

That might be a great price for replace the window units depending on the quality. I suspect that you can have the glass replaced in your current window units for far less.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I saw some Anderson windows at Home Despot, around that size, that were about $200 each, no installation. You *could* be getting a decent deal, if the windows are of decent quality. Or, it might not be such a good deal, if the windows are crap.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Material and labor? Sounds like a good deal to me.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Three windows for $600. Lets see that's about $200 each. I'd say that was on the very low end. Bargain windows it sounds like. I just paid a bit over 5k for 17. Double hung, tilt in, double pane, Low E, argon, foam filled and foam wrapped, installed.

Reply to
Steve Barker

The glass is replacable seperately! For really cheap!

I paid 70 bucks for a window about that size, take out sealed window and frame assembly to store early AM, pick upend of day all reassembled with warranty on sealed glass unit.

Or for a bit more glass company can come measure return and replace just the glass onsite. no open window necessary.

sometimes the vinyl frames are hard to get apart but they DO disassemble!

Plus ll windows in home still match:)

Reply to
hallerb

Have a glass co. come out and look, or take pictures in for them to see. It may be possible to just replace the glass.

Reply to
Bob M.