Installing Tyvek Barrier over T1-11 with mildew.

I'm going to install vinyl siding around my house, is it necessary to remove mildew from the T1-11 siding before installing Tyvek Moisture-Resistant Barrier over the T1-11?

Thanks in Advance Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

I don't suppose it too be absolutely necessary, but I would make the effort to clean this up. Post a picture link...

-- Oren

Oren

You're joking right?

Reply to
jkas

Are you serious?

-- Oren

Oren

Sort of like asking "should I wipe my ass since I'm wearing underwear anyway?"

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

But is it clean underwear?

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Mildew indicates a moist condition. Is the siding wet?

I would be concerned about the moisture content.

If the climate is humid and it is just a bit of mildew due to the humid conditions AND the T1-11 is not wet, then no problem. Make a solution of 1 cup of bleach to a gallon of water. Spray it on the mildew with a pump sprayer, then apply your tyvek.

Pay no attention to the ones that are terrified of a little mildew. That is a common trait, nowadays.

Reply to
Robert Allison

I cleaned one side of the house when I got home from work. Only took an hour or so. Easy enough. I think it is mostly humidity. Some of the plastic guttering is fouled up. I will most likely replace all the guttering.

Thanks

Reply to
Eddie