Installing a Wall Mirror

I have a 36" wide by 30" high wall mirror. I would like to know how high I should hang it. A certain distance from the ceiling, maybe? Or centered?

Help!

Reply to
Bruno The Magnificent

Silly boy. It goes at whatever height your wife wants it. Period.

Doc

Reply to
Doc

Isn't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Lewis Campbell

Hmmmm. That seems to be a general rule, non?

Reply to
Bruno The Magnificent

Yes, its true, but keep in mind if it isn't the CORRECT height, then it WILL be your fault, even if you hung it at the RIGHT height per her instructions! Therefore, a little diplomacy is needed. My ex had me hang a similar mirror and then it was too high for her to see her feet when she stood where she could comfortably see the rest of her body. You need to hold it up and have her look at herself in it (not at the mirror - at her reflection IN the mirror) and decide that she can see everything head to toe that she wants to see. That position may be (and probably will be) somewhat different than where she'd have it hung simply based on how the mirror looks on the wall.

Reply to
m.w.logsdon

That wall mirror would look terrible hanging at 2 feet off the ground. So you know what? I'm going to buy a second mirror for the head to toe view!! Those are about $10 and I can hang at the back of a door.

So there!!

*($#*&^^$

instructions!

Reply to