Install room a/c in a wood frame wall???

Hi, I posted a similar question today but I can't find it anywhere.

I can't install in a window because I need that window for emergency egress. If I put the unit in a wood framed wall, where would be the most efficient place to put it...higher towards my 7' ceiling to mix with the hot air? Or lower , perhaps below the window, giving the cold air some time to stay below, before rising??

Thanks,

Mike , Picture Rocks, AZ!

Reply to
axipolti

Then how you will find the replies?

Reply to
G Henslee

There's a couple concerns. First, window AC draw air from the sides, and dump the heat out the back. So, it might not work if it's a very thick wall.

Second, higher is better in terms of cooling. Cause the hot air is on top, and cold air will naturally fall.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Look for the topic "A/c unit in an outside wall?" It's there and it has several replies.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan