Install an above gruond pool

I came across a great deal ($50) for a used above ground pool. It appears to be a 24 foot round model with a thru the wall skimmer and sand filter. My back yard has a definite grade so as much as 2 foot of dirt will need to be moved. I got a price of $850 for the backhoe work to level the spot and to set up the pool. I realize labor prices are greatly different across the country, but does this sound reasonable.

Reply to
Jerry

$50. is a GREAT price for the pool!!! HAve you considered maybe renting a backhoe and doing it yourself? Also, don't forget to add in cost on the sand that you will need to have delivered/poured to go under the pool. If installing the pool yourself, make sure you get some good pointers first. I had mine installed by pro's, and it looks great. I have seen a couple that wasn't carefully thought thru before they installed themselves, and it isn't a good sight! Then again, I have seen some that were installed by the owners and they look just fine.

GOOD LUCK & Happy Swimming!!!

Reply to
Z Duz It 75147

It sounds reasonable to me. I paid $1000.00 for the same grade except I have an 18'x33' oval pool.

Reply to
Babbling Brook Photography

Check your home insurance. Determine if there will be an extra liability cost because of the pool. Also check any local ordinances that require your pool property to be secured/locked. Requirements differ greatly from country to country, state to state, municipality to municipality etc. Regardless; you will wish to avoid an accident? For example; two liitle boys drowned in a backyard pool which they entered and used without permiission while the homeowner was not present but to which they had unlocked access from the public street! And yes; all the questions could be asked about why two under ten age children were not under the direct supervision/care of an adult or other member of their family at the time! But it happened. Take care.

Reply to
Terry